Alli's Little World of Knitting

Friday, December 18, 2009

Knitting Fun of the very BEST sort!!

I spent a glorious day today knitting with 2 of my favorite people, my sister and neice. We are delving into a wonderful new world ... lace knitting!! There are almost too many pattern/book choices and so many fantastic yarns/fibres available at the click of a mouse. There are even some luring yarn shops within driving distance that carry some of these delights so I am adding to my stash and becoming quite a yarn snob! lol I've fallen in love with alpaca, merino, silk, sugarcane and mohair!



Today we started our very own Hand Painted Gloves KAL following Karen's delightful pattern. Here is a picture of what I have accomplished so far today! I'm soooo pleased with myself, this 1/2 inch didn't come painlessly you know! hahaha The Knitpicks Harmony needles are a dream to knit with and the Frog Tree 100% Alpaca & Diamond Luxury Merino/Superwash Wool are so soft that I fear I shall never go back to ordinary fibres again!



Here is a closeup. My camera isn't all that great but at least you get the idea. I love the way this is working up!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger LDSVenus said…

    Oh Alli, you have to know up front that lace knitting is highly addictive :P. So are the wonderful fibers that you use to knit lace ;P. It will be a wonderful adventure, frustrating from time to time when you aren't paying careful attention to a pattern row and end up tinking back a row or two (I never frog lace, I tink, sigh.) Do put in a life line just incase. And yes, you are on your way to being a fiber snob ;P.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home