Alli's Little World of Knitting

Friday, July 06, 2007

Bernat Handicrafter "STRIPES" Yarn!


Feather & Fan Dishcloth

I found the neatest new yarn at my local Walmart store ... Bernat Handicrafter "STRIPES". There were 5 color choices so I bought them all. The first on I used (you'll see in my previous post with the free pattern) was Pinky and a real pleasure to knit with. I thought it as so cool to watch the color changes emerge.

I've knit another cloth (Feather & Fan from http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/feather.html) with the "Violet" shade and it was much more fun to work on as the colors are so different one from another. I love this pattern. I have followed Mary Anne's instructions for changing Row 7 to k3, p to last 3 sts, k3 and I really like how it looks! I just know I'll be making more like this! You can see many examples of Mary Anne's work here: http://knittingbunny.blogspot.com/ She is an amazing knitter and a very interesting story teller as well!

This new yarn is a pleasure to work with, nice'n soft and entertaining! LOL I haven't seen it for sale online yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Mary Anne said…

    Alli,
    I love the colours of those new Stripes! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I will have to see if my lys can bring some in.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hey Alli!

    Very cool! Love the stripes, especially on Mary Anne's cloth!

    Walmart closes at 10pm, right? ... Guess I'll have to wait till morning.

    LOL

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love ALL of the new cloths with the stripes. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    This is gorgeous!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said…

    Very pretty! I've been knitting with the SNC Stripes but now I'll go hunting for the Bernat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home