Alli's Little World of Knitting

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Making Poutine Rapee with Jackie!

Well friends! My 15 yo daughter, Jackie, was given a visual project assignment by her French teacher. She chose to make Poutine Rapee, a Traditional French Acadian Recipe. We found the recipe on the internet and set to work. This recipe is found here for anyone interested: http://www.recipezaar.com/123966

It was quite labour intensive! LOL Poor Jackie grated up the 10 Potatoes by hand with a cheese grator! Her poor fingers are missing bits and pieces here and there! The first attempt was a miserable failure as the poutines all fell apart in the boiling water at the end! We were left with a pile of mooshy gooshy potatoes that had to be FLUSHED! ((**Uggghhh **)) LOL That toilet had to be PLUNGED to get it go DOWN!! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW

This is what it looked like! YOIKES

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Hi. I was looking for little mini-cloths and found your blog. I'm a pretty addicted knitter. I made your mini-heart cloth just now and it's perfect for a coaster (using cotton yarn and size 3 needles). I was wondering, do you have a mini-kitty pattern? Would love to make that for a friend.

    Either way, thanks for the ones you have made. They're too cute!

    If you get a chance, please stop over and let me know. Happy new year!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Alli's Little World of Knitting! said…

    Hi Beth,

    Sorry it too me so long to reply! UGGHHH ... I'm sorry I don't have a mini kitty pattern. I only have what you see on here at this time but that's a cute idea .. I might just make one up if I find some extra time! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home