Alli's Little World of Knitting

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

DOH .. I forgot to tell all y'all about my new YARN!!!

SOOO ... MY BAD!! In my previous catch-up post, I forgot to tell all about the wonderful box of yarn I acquired recently! Here are the DEETS:

Lisa & I placed a lovely big order with Elmore Pisgah (http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/) for Peaches & Cream Cotton yarn!! It's the most AMAZINGLY SOFT 100% cotton yarn in the world! I've been NOT-SO-SECRETLY coveting the stuff for over a year or more!! HAHAHA Well we ordered 19 CONES each!!! So the first pictures you will see in my Flickr account will be the fun we had with our cones!! Giggles We built pyramids and they tumbled .. lol .. we would never have made it in ancient Egypt! You can check out our silliness in Cotton Paradise here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14523092@N05/?saved=1

Chow for now!
Over & Out
Alli

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger sharecropper said…

    I enjoyed the pictures, and I know how it feels to need to "go"! Get away from me with that camera!

    But, tell me, what are you going to do with that many balls of cotton yarn? Do you sell your stuff? Do you have a knitting machine?

    I've been knitting since Sept. 07 and I just can't imagine that much yarn of one kind. Now, mind you, I have a wall of plastic drawers of yarn in a great variety of colors and fibers.

    And, yes, I love the peaches and cream or whatever it's called. We sell it in small quantities at the yarn store where I work one day a week - just enough to pay for my habit.

    I'm sharecropper on ravlry

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Beth @ TheAngelForever said…

    Hello from a fellow member of Shirley's Knitting Knook. I am in LOVE with your cones of Peaches & Creme. I love the stuff and can only find limited amounts of it locally. I was wondering how the shipping was and if it was worth it. Thanks for sharing your photos - love the silly ones too :)

    The Angel Forever

     

Post a Comment

<< Home